Paint Table - January

So sometimes (oftentimes) I forget what it is to have a community. 

Because of my tastes and tolerances, I don't always thrive in the hobby club environment despite being a face of my LGS, and that's ok. I currently enjoy my hobby the most via Facebook Groups, where one of my favorite podcasts Paint all the Minis has a bunch of folks supporting eachother and their hobby ventures. Likewise, I'm on Instagram a lot looking at Inq28 posts, or #GrotsAs, and riding the likes = dopamine train. 

All that to say, I follow a group called 2020 Painting Challenge, which follows the doctrine of doing at least one mini a week, and so 52 minimum this year. I don't think this is breaking any molds, but its a good little community and folks are really engaged/engaging on that platform. Anyhow, in that spirit, and having watched Wib's Solo channel throughout his similarly structured year, I figure I'll keep track of this year's Painting Challenge in its own tag.

2020 Painting Challenge - January
15/52


Who's got two thumbs and is working on 3 gnome armies for Dragon Rampant? This guyyyyyy.


Later last year I finished this spooky little cannon, and had to wait on a restock of dead gnomes before I could convert the cannon's crew. I also had a hole in my first unit of halberdier skeletons, so I brushed up an extra bone baby to fill in the gap.



Then I'd ordered a small sample of Admiralty Miniature's Tjublings (15mm chaos dwarves) which I found really characterful and really inexpensive for the quality of the pieces. I'll be running these as chaos gnomes, and will have to get a lot more of them in the future!


Then we're onto my last models from the eight Circus of Corruption figures I got from Old School Miniatures, sculpted by my friend Jason Fairclough (of Wasteman fame) to fit the same bill as the original Nurgle circus from GW's Mordheim. While doing these I got to reminisce about another pal of mine who has a collection of old timey vintage circus pictures, most involving the outdated premise of Freak Shows. This memory may be fabricated, but I recall a subset of the folks who peopled the sideshow had Argyria, a skin condition where silver builds up in your body and turns you blue. That's the idea here. Yup.


So here are all eight of them. Because of my recent ordering of movement trays, I was a little bummed that they don't rank up very well, but I'll probably only be running these in skirmish game. Also it was super necessary to pop that longboi on a bigger base, 
(he's a little tipsy, and needs it to get home.)


15/52
Being over a quarter done in the first month feels like a pretty good clip. I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep this pace as the year clomps on, but worse comes to worse I'll be a little bit ahead of the ball.

UPCOMING

Oh, that text up there has such high expectations. Seriously, who you playing?

  • More Gnomes! are you even surprised at this point?
  • Other Things! ok, thanks for reading y'all. I'm out.


Comments

Popular Posts