Painting Challenge - June

Hello friends! Have you been enjoying the sun and all of its gifts? It sure has been warm out there, and with people returning to the wild, navigating the world has become a much different experience than it was this time last year.

Speaking of new experiences, lets dive into this month's haul!

LOBSTERPOT


I've mentioned Samuel Allan before, when I was converting these models for a little playset not unlike my Never Going Home-work. Lobsterpot was a setting that captured my imagination while working through Turnip28 and Salvatore28, so I set my future-self up for success and made a small collection of strangers. I chose Outpost Wargames Service for their chunky metal models and the garb of their Highwaymen range, and gave them all very shallow conversions to illustrate a corruptive force coursing through a 17th century community.


As I saw it, I wanted to make a collection of civilians and civilians driven to violence. In the world of Lobsterpot, resources are scarce and nature is being driven mad, and so its inhabitants ought to reflect that desperation and despair. Highwaymen and housewives, laborours and lawlessness! None of these sound like good D&D modules, but as we explore the coastal villages, we'll find all those and things harder to define...


Mutants and Birdmen, oh my oh my.



Because I'm a fool who can't keep their fingers out of things, I wrote Samuel to make sure I was doing his vision justice, and after a good deal of back and forth, we wound up discussing the potential for a collaboration. Currently I'm penning a solo skirmish/RPG hybrid to serve as a vehicle for adventures in this world. Hopefully, I'll have a playtest document to share with you lovely folx sooner than later!


FLESH-EATER COURTS


Would you call the crypt ghouls the backbone of an FEC army? I dunno, I play by the rule of cool, or I will when I play games. Someday. Anyhow, these guys came out exacly how I wanted them? Perhaps I could punch up the dark values, but for now I'm satisfied.

And these are them! What have y'all gussied up this June? Let me know about your projects in the comments, as I'm always psyched to see what the cool kids of the world are creating. Stay safe, stay cool, stay hydrated. <3<3<3

Comments

Popular Posts