2022 Paintlog - February



In February, the hinderances of January were all but gone, and so I managed to squeak out only one model for myself before midnight on the 28th. That said, Happy inq28th


 Neophyte Leader

My Genestealer Cult sat in the bits bins for maybe a year or two, plotting towards that perfect time to strike from the darkness and throttle humanity in it's weakest hour. That time is now. 

Converted from my conversion, this leader has now had her second headswap, screaming out from my favorite Fireforge Peasants kit. I see her as a luckless foreman, leading her teams through shafts deep below the underhive, sabotaging long forgotten power cores in preparation for the great uprising.

I'm using a Zorn pallet, with Phalanx Yellow, Nuln Oil, and Magos Purple to make some pop happen. My biggest stumbling block to painting this army has been the lack of a vision for how to paint its Tyranid counterparts, and I'm starting to wonder, "perhaps this cult is an orphan?" Maybe they're unable to connect with their star deities, or maybe its hive fleet is completely wiped out? I don't know what lore or canon could back up such propositions, but for now it feels right. I think at most, this army will have a patriarch, but that could very well be the greatest display of their alien-ness.

3/52

This week, I have a painting night planned with some of my friends. Hopefully I can put it to good use as I continue on my Genestealer Repaint journey, but if not I hope there's at least craft beer. 

Stay frosty my nerds.

Comments

Popular Posts