2022 Paintlog - March

We did it, another month in the bucket! I could say something about the state of the world, but we all know how bad it is out there. We're here, trying to squeak out a little sanity between harrowing events and horrible conditions. Fuck it, shhhhhhh.

  We're having a good time.

Speaking of which, my brother's birthday was this week. Happy Birthday Spud! He's a solid dude, and whip smart. I'm lucky he's on my team. If you get a chance, tell him happy birthday. It'd rot his socks.

Anyhow, without further ado, the offerings...




4ydra from Instagram seems like a peach... erm, apple of a guy. We talked a bit when Lobsters launched, and he invited me to do some applepicking if I had the time. He and his son are developing a little game around the theme, and I was instantly charmed. 

Though it took me ages, I finally managed to get mine done, only a few weeks after the deadline for a contest of the same name. Still, I'm very excited to get these grim goofballs onto the table and into the orchard, and see what this little world is about. Their parts were farmed from one of my favorite kits of last year, the Fireforge Northern Folk Rabble, and Wargames Atlantic's Dark Age Irish Warriors.






Genestealer Brood Brothers

In most cases, I'm a no-model-left-unconverted kinda bitch. When you play me (and eventually beat me,) I want you to feel like you're playing against something new and different, even if the list is old-hat and you know all my schemes and plots like the back of a taloned hand. This half-squad is based on the immortal Cadian sprues, with a Wargames Atlantic twist, arms from their Great War German Infantry. The main focus was getting rid of those clunky lasguns, and instead changing the silhouette to be something more proportionate and rustic. There are a few other odds and ends thrown in for good measure, but I wanted to keep this squad pretty lo-fi in case some of my other plans come to fruition.

Monthly total +6

9/52

Not too shabby. This being the 13th week of the year, I'm still a little behind the clip I'd like to hit, but that's not anything to fret about. I've got a pair of squads I ought to finish up, as well as a hero or two, so I've certainly got my work cut out for me. Laters, gators.




Comments

Popular Posts