Paintlog 2022 - June, July, August

 Its been a busy summer, of turmoil, progress, and more than enough sweat. For readers in the future, The first half of August was an unruly heat wave

turnip 28


Brutes

I forget where I first saw a foot with a head on it's ankle; maybe it was Adventure Time, or perhaps that infamous Clan Moulder army list that was published in the White Dwarf of my youth. Either way, I had some Napoleonic heads leftover from the height of my turnip craze and knew what I had to do. Hopalong, Foothead, or Headfoot has a few strange souls who hobble/follow him into battle. They're more of those historic heads, but on the bodies of Manes, from the Wizkids miniaures line. I've been told these models would also be fun for Brawl Arcane by Quarentine Miniatures, which I've been meaning to try out anyhow. Suppose that means I ought to make someone for the foot wizard to fight ;)

+6

flesh eater courts


Crypt Ghast Courtier


Early in the summer I found the Wizkids Snow Golem in my shop and thought, "I know its snow, but what if it was a bag of flesh?" Needless to say, I thought of a conversion where these nightmare creatures were engorged bags of flesh, bursting at the seams with piles of meat. Maybe something ruptured in there and now their own blood pools in their distended guts along with that of their victims.

Yeah, maybe don't think about this one too much



Ghouls

Another horde of commoners rallied to their lord's call. I don't keep exact recipes, so the skin color is slightly different than my first batch. Honestly, that's more of a feature than a bug since it helps me differentiate which models go in which unit. So long as I keep doing them in batches of ten, this funky little pattern should hold and I'll have gobs of ghouls that scale well.

+11


genestealer cults

Kelermorph

Here's a folk hero for my Genestealer Cults, a classic gunslinger who can answer enemy challenges and inspire the bulk of my horde. 

Neophytes

Turns out my army no longer takes Brood Brothers  (infiltrated units of Astra Militarum) as part of it's main list, and so I had to make replacements for my weapons team. I figured a flamer and generic trooper would make for good unit filler, and then did it. I've still got the weapons team for games big enough to run a detachment, but with these two I can run the rest of the unit as a squad of Neophyte Hybrids, which makes me feel like it was all worthwhile.

+3

+20

49/52




squidgnome summer


Comments

Popular Posts