Paint Table - May

2020 Painting Challenge 
100/52 --> 125/52


Another month happened! Wow! It only feels like a week has passed, but time doesn't exist anymore. Anyhow, here's the haul for a whole month!




These dudes were freebies, but weren't of a scale I usually mess with, so I wasn't sure what I'd do with them... And then this idea struck me, and it was too funny not to pump out. The paint job is nothing special, and it kinda feels like cheating, but by the same token this piece is more of a concept than something that will actually see play. That said, if anyone wants to throw down in a 40 point match of Toy Story skirmish, hit me up. I always was a fan of Emperor Zurg.


+1


Turnip 28 is the theme this month, in case you hadn't noticed. Post apocalyptic Napoleonic Skirmishes! I'm just really taken with the setting and the atmosphere, so that's where my energy has been flowing. This is the first batch of Infantrymen, who hail from the Raised city, and worship the Mandrake (really just a big poisonous carrot) as their community's lifeblood. In the next month or so, I'll probably be expanding this into an army sized force. Who I'll play with, I have no idea, but I think the "finish army" bug has caught me square with this project.
 
+12

Sometimes you just need a little old lady to terrorize the countryside. She's likely part of a coven, and will be supported by all manner of miscreants who are all still in my lead pile, or stuck in shipping purgatory. Perhaps as my Turnip 28 campaign continues, I'll cook up scenarios as excuses to work through that region of my backlog.

+1



In the immortal words of the teleprompter in a Pringles ad, "Once you pop, you can't stop." So now there's another witch, with her own goat familiar, (a Black Phillip type if you will.) They seemed really sweet together, so I made sure they had a place to hang out together.

+2 



What pairs better with witches than cookies? That's what led us here, kinda. I hadn't realized just how small these gingerbread men would be, and had hoped to base them on 20 rounds, but when the moment came, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Instead, we have four bases of gingerbread swarms!

+4



What do a few ghosts have to fear from a big ol' hound? Probably nothing, but they're running anyway. These ghosts will be fun little additions to my undead gnome army once they finally see play, whereas the beast has already appeared in my Gelida 40k and Turnip 28 games. Gotta say, for minimalist paint job I'm pretty pleased with how these turned out.

+4


 Before I converted this weirdo I had no knowledge of a Gamma World monster called Centisteed, I was just doing unspeakable things to an old Brettonian horse and the legs left over from my Pillbug Cavalry for the Undead Gnomes project. This is actually my entry for the 28 Mag challenge where hobbyists are tasked with making a demonic servant to a brand new Chaos God. 

This is a Gripping Shape, lesser demon of the God of Suffocation. These demons often appear as cloth draped over the forms of people and animals, but with hard multi-jointed appendages twitching underneath the fabric. 



I've actually painted this twice, the above shot being my original attempt. However, I was too close to the project and couldn't tell if it was done, so when I asked my usual coconspirators, the resounding reply was "it's awfully grey, don't you think?" 

And the rest is history.

+1 


This Month's Total
+25

If it feels like there were less minis painted this month than last, I have some good excuses reasons why that's the case. In order to up the immersion of my solo games and also to jazz up my photo documentation, I spent a fair bit of time on painting some backdrops and cranking out new terrain. These don't count towards my total of models painted, but since they're still erring on the side of production maybe they'll get a post of their own in the coming months.

As for what to expect/look forward to this month, we're still in the thick of the Turnip28 campaign so that'll be getting even more love. We also have the crumbling police state that is the USA, so it'll be nifty to watch karma bash some fash. And uh, more toys...





Yeah, definitely more toys.

Stay safe, and be excellent to eachother.



Comments

Popular Posts