Paint Table 05/2017

It's been a few months since my last post, but that doesn't mean I've been slacking! 
For the most part, I've been chasing down some of my miniatures from my teenage forays into miniature wargaming. Today was a day, and I'd recently picked up an issue of White Dwarf and a few spiders, and I figured I'd basecoat some of my ongoing projects, hence this update/listicle.


Clockwise from top left: 
  • My gang of enforcers for Necromunda plundered from a bitz bin, back when Gaming Stores were still allowed to sell bits. Someone had chopped off their heads, so I gave them burlap bags, a-la-scarecrow style.
  • Zombicide Black Plague: Paul Bonner Guest Edition. On super-sale, these four were exciting finds for my Frostgrave appropriate models. A priest, who functions as a wizard, a crossbow-toting female captain type, an ogre, who harkens back to the Ogre Hireling of Mordheim fame, and a dwarven knight, just in time for the Northstar dwarf sprue to come out.
  • Gollum from an old GW LOTR expansion. I might use him as a cursed wretch from the Forgotten Pacts expansion.
  • My Circus Bug Crew that I sculpted for Rogue Stars/Mutants and Death Ray guns.Minis from the Folio Nickstarter! So exciting! And more lady models! Huzzah!
  • A Nimon from a Doctor Who miniature line that I'll use as a demon.
  • New crew for Necromunda/Shadow War: Armageddon!!! Genestealer Neophytes!!! More on that in a bit!
  • Three weird dudes and a dog. The humanoids are all conversions utilizing extra bits from the Genestealer Neophytes! From right to left, Northstar Barbarian with shotgun and rat buddy, Chaos wasteland knight and ogre bull with mining laser and robo-pincer. And then an old mordheim dog I think? He's good for a hound or a cyborg dog, depending.


  • Genestealer Cult Killteam! My brother and I are doing an escalation campaign together to build up killteams/armies maybe? He chose Tau, but I'm just a fan of strange cults and mutants, so without a Scavvy option in 40k or Shadow War: Armageddon, this was the obvious choice. The  way these miniatures fit together was really strange, and less flexible than I had hoped, but there were so many extra parts, I couldn't really complain. The box makes ten, but I'm going to have at least 15 by the end of that project :3 It means I get to practice sculpting kneepads, which is a legitimate pleasure to someone like me.
  • The Nimon, my green/gray werewolf and an oldschool Khornate daemon, Frostgrave/Fantasy NPCs. Can you tell I'm amped for Forgotten Pacts? Woof. I can.
  • Two NPCs/Hired Guns for sci-fi stuff. Some grody one-piece Orlock with a Squat head and a grot arm. He's a grumpy gay-uncle type who got edited out of the original predator movie. Probably. The other one I named "Scootch Bayou." Now he's got a rat tail and a wrist-mounted lasgun. What a guy.



  • Paul Bonner Zombicide crew
  • Gollum
  • Hill Giant from Older Reaper Line? I think Vega the Destroyer plays one in his Hordes of the Things matches? Anyway, it's metal and unpinned and a terror, but its also from my days at Gamenight.net so that's my excuse. I was 16 and afraid of drills.
  • Spiders from Nulzur's Marvelous Miniatures! My friend just told me about this line, and I knew I needed spiders, so here we are. They might become frost spiders for frost grave, but they might need to stay green because I'm just really into spiders that are permanent green? I love that gross ghost stuff <3
  • Barbarians and Sigilists from the Folio Nickstarter. These photos are pretty bad, but I did a few very minor conversions to some of the barbarians. One uses the cover barbarian bits, and the other has an old GW goblin arm, which to my surprise scaled really well... huh.
  • Brienne of Tarth, obviously the best knight money can hire.



  • Brienne of Tarth
  • About a dozen Hirelings for Frostgrave from a myriad of ranges. Empire militia (from the zombie pirates era,) some gladiator miniatures, some guys from Black Tree Designs, and then a Conquistador? Oh, and a Wildling archer woman for good measure.
As for scenarios/homebrew/textwalls/rules, that's a post for another day. I also just found out that I'm going to PAX UNPLUGGED, and also Frostgrave New England is planning a meetup, so in the meantime, expect some paintslinging from yours truly.

Comments

Popular Posts