Pugs and Prototypes


Reviewing my worktable, I remembered that I had a legion of monopose pugs from Ramshackle Games (which I also happened to sculpt, the hideous little gits.) I got through four of them, and figured I'd save the rest for a different pallet, but meanwhile I got to gluing and began a new project.

I approached these three with the idea of sketching them out, roughly gesturing them out with bits.

In the game of Wasteman, there's a faction called Cybjorgs, who are flesh and metal amalgams made to do battle at the end of world war three. I've never been a huge fan of them, until I saw Resin Tomb's conversions here and here, and had to start my own chop jobs. Most of the parts in these three figures are a mix of GW and Ramshackle, to make these half dead, lurching denizens really look like they're clumsily soldered together and falling apart from disrepair.

Here we've added some procreate putty to flesh out the gooey bois,
hide some seams, and affirm some postures and mutilations.
Pictured left to right; Old-Timer, Nils Nailsmith, and Chicken Legs.
Cybjorg Jarl Nils Nailsmith, Competitive Chicken-Dancer and Tyrant of the Wastes.



And here they are, painted up and going toe to toe with a pug patrol.
I'm also playing around with some ideas for their statlines, and maybe also expanding on their syndicate so I could field them as a cohesive army. Presently my list looks like this...

  • Cybjorg Jarl Nils Nailsmith: hydraulic claw, gnarled hide, goliath, gargantuan, trained, cybjorg
  • Old-Timer; grenade launcher, gnarled hide, trained, cybjorg, stims
  • Chicken Legs; chaingun, gnarled hide, trooper, cybjorg, roller
All this comes out to a little over 300 points. In a game where I might conceivably want to play 1000 cps, I'm considering the following additions to the syndicate.

  • More guys like Chicken Legs, who are all legs, and then some poor soul with a gun strapped to their torso. Grunts, who maybe get bossed around by virtue of their Thrall skill even. Also, if they're all leggy guys, I might change their names, and make them more of a class of weirdo (or maybe make them all have the same statline so they can benefit from squad rules.)
  • I've also been looking into the Necromeister ability (having grunts coming back to life would be a solid explanation as to why all these troopers look so sad and tired all the time.) Maybe a posse of poor unkillable soldiers would be a fun unit to field (I did just buy a unit of undead Toadaroni for Flintlock, so I'm being really on brand with myself.)
  • Also, a giant flayed buffalo, with a robot head and some spooky nodes on its back?
  • Since these ideas are for a list of maybe 1000 cps, maybe a vehicle would be fun. I really love how in Gorkamorka the vehicle has to be able to physically carry all of the models it says it does. In the spirit of WYSWYG, I'd love to make a flatbed to drag Nils Nailsmith around in, or even a howda for the aforementioned flayed buffalo beast. Ideally, whatever carrying space there'd be would be large enough so that foes could board the vehicle as well, and carry on fights inside it, as though it were terrain (or if I end up using it as terrain.)




Comments

Popular Posts