Paint Table - August

 2020 Painting Challenge - August

If your Emperor doesn't have four arms, I don't want to know him.

163/52 --> 194/52

Last month my numbers surpassed 156, three times the base goal. I've never kept track of my numbers this meticulously, but this has easily been my most productive painting year to date. In line with this revelation, August has also been a strong month for working away at the pile of shame, as evidenced by the completion of my second turnip army.



The Maris Pipers - Across the great marshes of Cist, the Maris Pipers sing hymns to the Solemn Solanum, who leads them on their great crusade. Dirt clogged and gasping, the disciples draw their strength from the majesty of their lord, which has been known to overcome even the most fatal of dispositions. Half of those who follow the Pursuant Potato filled their hearts with roots long ago, and now serve without fear of death or desertion. Those who still bleed cannot fathom the dedication of the root-blessed, but they are more than capable of falling to their blades, or succumbing to their stench, whichever comes first.

+18


The Jousters - A merry bunch of misfits and oddities who traverse an enchanted forest, undoubtably serving some greater, greener power as in the Wrong Station's story "Brumaire." Mostly comprised of OSM's Medieval Marginalia miniatures, this fantastical faction would likely pair well with some other woodland denizens, or unnatural creatures. I've tried them out aside some trolls and witches to see how they fit in. What do you think?


+6


More Antediluvian Devils - I'm working my way through the set of 12 ever so slowly. As I develop this little horde of unusual beasties, my palette is changing ever so slightly. I think this month added a blue, and perhaps next month I'll take something else away...

+3


Oldhammer Bloodletter - Wouldn't you know it, but I just keep getting involved with little painting groups. This model was painted for a White Dwarf throwback group, where every month they pick a backissue and you paint a mini from it. I'd never painted anything Khorne before, and while I can't sort out this mini's golden angle (it's good side,) I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. Also, it's the oldest model I've ever painted, and the old lead took the paint beautifully. What a treat!

+1


Genestealer Patriarch - I play GSC when I'm actually getting my WH40k on, and until now I haven't ever actually run any purebred aliens. Earlier in the year, I resolved to fix that when I picked up a pair of Banderhobbs.  Since the new Volo line minis reminded me of the Rogue Trader patriarchs, the simple conversion was a no brainer and last week I finally executed the concept by adding a spare pair of arms and painting the sucker bright purple.

+1


Mortifactor Marine - I collected a handful of Space Marines back in the day, but never really did anything with them since I couldn't find a chapter that really spoke to me. However after a few wiki holes this month I learned of the Mortifactors, who are death revering cannibals that live on a giant spaceship (a loose explaination, but one I'm satisfied with.) This conversion was done for one of my #Salvatore28 warbands, and this battle brother will likely accompany some pilgryms as they travel the great plains. I wanted this model to have an archaic look to him, so I gave him a Perry Agincourt visor and chopped him up to give him breeches under the power armor (and also to make him closer to truescale.) Whether or not he'll ever belong to a squad... its unlikely that he'll ever be more than a Ronin, but maybe that's the beginnings of a story on its own.

+1







Eric the Space Dwarf - Lastly for August we have this treat from Old School Miniatures, a rough-and-tumble space dwarf captain who enjoys cigars and making money. Also, he's the star of my upcoming comic for OSM's Newsletter being unveiled later in 2020. Here's a sneaky peek at the first installment!



+1


This Month's Total 
+31

Last month I smashed through triple the year's expected minimum, and likely next month we'll be smashing through the quadruple figure. I have a handful of commissions to finish, so we'll see how far we get toward the fifth! I've been kitbashing like a fiend though, so it'd be a shame if some of those new babies don't get at least two thin coats. Good luck everyone, and stay safe!

Comments

Popular Posts