Challenge 2021 - April and May

 

2021 Painting Challenge - April and May

Second verse, same as the first! I spent April taking on some ambiguous goals, but still being very much absorbed by the work at large. On the bright side, I managed to pull off a Painting Competition for my store, which was a teriffic learning experience, but it and my other duties left me with little time to tend to my own soul.


3 Space Scum

As seen in my previous posts, these ner'do'wells use limited palettes and atmospheric lighting to clear up any ambiguity about the joy they find in life. Or at least, that was the goal. Was it successful? I'm satisfied for now, but I'm always open to constructive criticism.




10 Sci-Fi Pug Soldiers from the Future

My friend and I were talking about Stargrave, or more likely I was talking about Stargrave at him, when he admitted to not having any futuristic minis to play the game in question. I then asked if he needed any Sci-Fi models, and he brought up my pugs, which to me read as a clear correlation. 

I think this should cover the starting crew for any aspiring space scourge... 10 models with plenty of general and special roles. I might cook up a handful more to give him more variety down the road, but for now he seems tickled with the little collection, and honestly that's all you can hope for in this world.

3 Space Scum

Well would you look at that, more creeps from the farthest reach! We've got a cyborg captain with some Ned Kelly vibes, and two chilly customers. I have a hunch they're feudal world smugglers that got jumped a few millenia out from their technological comfort zone, so they're working really hard to be comfortable in this far flung future.


Demon of the Spoiled Realm

Jaycee's last sculpts in traditional mediums finally came out! It was a kickstarter that ran in the back half of 2019, and it was quite a nice surprise to find it on my doorstep after a year from hell. While I don't have a home for any of them yet, I'm excited to paint them up since everything Jaycee does takes paint so well! 


Blue Ogre

I found this in a dollar bin at Hobby Bunker before they moved from Malden to Wakefield. Turns out he's from Heritage Models, making him one of the oldest minis I own. There's something really charming about these older blockier sculpts, so maybe I'll have to find him some era-appropriate pals.


5 Corpse-Eater Kroot

A hard-living warband of Kroot Carnivores and offshoots, who've been forced to eat the living dead on account of their being stranded on a plague world. I stumbled into ironbeak_mercenaries and his hashtag #krootvasion, and it sent me on quite the little adventure. Much of this project hinged on using pinning old Skaven bits to new Flesh Eater Courts parts, and I'm really pleased with how well the cobble-horrors turned out, (especially the Kroot Hound with a claw for a face. He's tops!)


Slug Wizard

Samuel the Slugzard is another Demon of the Spoiled Realm, who's been given a belt and a wizard hat so that he can wander the wastes and bestow arcane gifts unto the masses! 

BTW, this model exists because it's currently Slug Wizard Spring! Its a really cool initiative put on by ibrewtiny for The Bail Project and bringing the more whimsical wargaming community together. There area so many cool projects inspired by this wild prompt! 

Please check it out if you haven't yet had a chance! I'm actually going to rush this post out so that if YOU would like to participate, you'll have as much time as I can give you. Yes YOU!

Anyhow, that's the news thats fit to print on this end...

Wait, I lied. I also got engaged to my partner Isaac. Ok, now you're definitely up to speed. Take care!

Comments

Popular Posts