Clowns: a love story

My 2020 has an ongoing theme; bringing ongoing projects to conceivably "complete" states. Many folks will tell you, "no army is ever really finished," while rolling their eyes hard enough to pop them out of their sockets. I dunno about that. I think I could pop this on my shelf and be pretty satisfied...

Don't show me these, you horrible horrible person. Even if Alternative Armies was selling 10 of these buggers for under 12 pounds, why would you want to condemn me to such a fate?
This project began life as an Old School Miniatures Kickstarter with some nifty figs from that hairy boy Jason Fairclough, (I don't have a problem, you have a problem!) Anyhow, I got a handful of those, and then a couple of things from Eureka USA, a Dungeon Degenerates KS, and then uh...

And then I scratch built some bad boys (save for the mallet on the far left.) What can I say, when you need more clowns, you gotta make more clowns. 

process sketches

progress baby!

"but is this my good side?"
Originally OSM's line was to compliment the Nurgle Carnival of Chaos, so I'd consider running these in Mordheim to stay true to the vision, but could happily play these in Wasteman or Dragon Rampant with any variety of statline loadouts that I wont bore you with.
  • Tall Man
  • 6 Clowns
  • 6 Carnies
  • Showman on Penny Farthing


From my earliest misadventures in Warhammer, I can expand these folks with some nurglings and plaguebearers, and maybe order an elephant or cannon to add to the roster, but this leads us back to a very slippery slope that could end up warranting multiple tents.


Best just to sit back and enjoy the show.

Comments

Popular Posts