2022 Paintlog - January

The first month of the year was a hectic ride. Gamestore work, Illustration work, and Gamemaking work have all been going full tilt, and so there hasn't been much of me left for hobbying. I started the month by setting some project goals for 2022.

  • Make awesome Lobsterpot models, so you can host up to 4 players comfortably.
  • Paint 50 Power Level of Genestealer Cults so I can play with my friends and my brother.
  • Play with making models/projects that just call to you, even if they dont have a game or warband to slot into.
   So with those points in mind, I tried to steal some time for myself.



Loathesome Creature and Patrolman

Over the course of January, I managed to crank out a nasty little pair of hellions. An investigator type who keeps a candle on his person at all times, and a mutated bear, who would be terrifying enough without the facefull of tubers billowing from its maw. These are the two models I had time to finish this month, and they'll both need touch-ups before the year is out, but its a decent start. 

I made the mistake of looking back at the last model I did for myself before this, and discovered that I hadn't taken care of myself this way since June or August of last year. That was super disheartening, but now that know this, I can make a more concerted effort to put aside time and hopefully never let it get that bad again.

2/52

I'm going to keep track of the numbers this year, as I think it'll give me a visual cue to make time, and if I hit neat goals it'll give me a tidy dopamine boost. Seratonin? I hope she doesn't skip leg day.

Anyhow, until next month!

Comments

Popular Posts