2022 Paintlog - May

 

MAY - I had a burst of inspiration, or an urge to reach goals that led to a number of previously sidelined projects getting a lick here and a coat there to polish them off. I wanted to catch up to the model-per-week ratio I'd initially wanted, and there were plenty of half-finished friends to choose from, so while brushing up on my paint skills to work on some commissions, I took the opportunity to make some rewards for myself.


+12 Turnip Fodder

Long time readers may remember these models from my undead gnome army, where they began life as ghosts (which sounds like an oxymoron, but you know what I mean.) I decided that they didn't match the aesthetic of that army, being a bit taller and a bit lumpier than their comrades, and so I gave them all helmets and grunge. They stalled out at the final drybrush, so getting that behind me was a quick fix.

I reckon they'd get along well with the Mole-Dwarf fodder or the Little People from Cirque du Freak.




+3 Crypt Horrors

Finally, I've finished the Aristocrats for my Flesh Eater Courts, with their gargant heads and scratchbuilt wigs. I didn't love painting the bodies, so I'll likely be taking extra measures with the next conversisons (Crypt Flayers) to make the kit less miserable. While I haven't finished the fiction for this army, I like to think that these are the landowners who's status puts them between the Ghoul King and the Serfs, where they collect the gristle tithes from the lower classes of creatures to pay tribute to their lord, all while picking choice scraps for themselves. Eh, we'll see how it comes together in post.

all told

+15

29/52

So, we're now back on track for 52/52, and I feel much less stressed about the whole thing. Its much easier to tell yourself you're doing fine when you're not lagging behind your self-care goals. Honestly it'd be rad as hell to have an army finished before the year was out, so that I might get an honest to goodness game in sometime before snowfall. Might be quicker said than done though.

MOVING GOALPOSTS

I've got some small hopes for next month.

  1. It'd be nice to keep up some momentum with the Genestealer Cults or the Flesheater Courts.
  2. It'd be really really nice to find an inq28 setting I could rope some pals into collaborating on.
  3. I really truly would love to grind out some of the big models I've been building/converting/refurbishing. Some of them, I don't know if I've ever painted a thing this big. It's not daunting at all, why do you ask?
So that's the view from here. See you on the other side.

Comments

Popular Posts